Sunday 24 January 2010

Final Front Cover Design

My Final Front Cover

I decided to edit different aspects of my front cover as I believed they were making it look unprofessional, as it was missing several forms and conventions of a magazine. For example, all magazines have a form of slogan about the magazine and mine was missing, this is normally below the masthead but I have put it to the other side of the image. I have challenged this convention as I believed that on my magazine it would not be best suited below the masthead, this is because it would look too crowded. Also since my last evaluated draft I have put a white outline on all of the subtext below each title; this was to make each subtext stand out more as in previous drafts they were hard to read on my front cover. Although in all of my previous designs I had not included my competition/free gift which is a form and convention of a magazine, so I put this within a large circle in the bottom right of the front cover as it is normally in a corner of the magazine. I chose to make my artist name 'Jason King' much larger as it is the focus of my front cover as he is the main subject of this magazine issue. Previously I had put my barcode on the right of the front cover and on its side, but I have moved it to the bottom left along with a date and price of the magazine. I feel that all of these changes have given my magazine a professional look while sticking to and countering some of the forms and conventions of a magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment