Tuesday 6 April 2010

2. How does your media product represent particular social groups?

The image on the right is from my own music magazine whereas the other is from a very successful music magazine. My image on the left is taken of someone who is not really a musician but the one on the right is. There are several similarities along with other differences between these images. They are both similar artists and I tried to show the same effect with my magazine. A similarity which gives off the best effect is the facial emotions which both show a cheeky yet confident smile. Another similarity that I noticed between the two pictures is the prop, using a hat to show a more playful side for both of these pictures. Also both of these pictures have been taken in a public outside location allowing the artists to seem more down to Earth. However there are differences as my image has not been air brushed to give a more pure look where as mine has just been taken and not air brushed. The Q magazine image is different to many other images and mine as I am comparing this with mine; the professional image is of a different shot to mine. However I am not entirely sure what to define their shot as it takes the whole of the artist yet he is crouched.

No comments:

Post a Comment